Aliens: Colonial Marines

Chat about other games.

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Postby duskguy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:13 pm

so, February, this game comes out. think Left4Dead but with xenomorphs and marines rather than zombies and random survivors.
you can check out preorder bonuses and the different videos for the game here : http://www.sega.com/alienscolonialmarines/

my question is how many of you are considering getting this besides Fox. and whether or not it will port well for PC as gearbox and sega tend toward console games. i believe borderlands was made by gearbox, so how did that play on PC? if it was good, i may get this for PC rather than Xbox, as i dont want to pay another subscription fee to play online on Xbox.
live like you want, who cares
"The enemy of my enemy is simply my enemy's enemy, nothing more" -The Belisarius Saga-
duskguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines

Postby rhonnin » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:52 pm

Borderlands and Borderlands 2 both play excellent on the PC, I haven't played either on xbox though.
The live membership is only like 50.00/year, I like it because it allows streaming of netflix and hulu plus in addition to gaming and the marketplace. Hopefully they'll add Amazon prime content streaming too.
I love these kinds of co-op games so I'd be up for the purchase if there were people to play with.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby duskguy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:02 pm

i currently have the game pre-ordered for Xbox, but the membership is $60 for the year. my cousin and his neighbor who are getting the game for xbox would play with me, but he only ever wants to play when his neighbor is playing and he only plays at like 1 am...and ill be flying with early mornings, so thats out of the question.

hence why i was considering getting it for the PC instead but was hoping it would play as well being its getting made for the console. borderlands for console played extremely well, but if it played just as well on the PC, im not as worried about this game not transferring over well.

Fox and Scrub said they will be getting the game, i'll be getting the game as well, and perhaps i can convince floobie...who hadnt even heard of the game.

played left4dead on xbox with randoms and they were basically all idiots or children who would team kill you and leave mid game...so you basically had to find friends to play that with.

while Xbox allows netflix streaming, you need netflix, which i dont have, so its basically useless for me unless i play games... and considering ill be flying and studying... that $60 seems useless at this point.
"The enemy of my enemy is simply my enemy's enemy, nothing more" -The Belisarius Saga-
duskguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Aetherfox » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:04 pm

Beside myself...Lavishnu, jethrodirt, Debol, and Prepkook are on board for the PC version. Good times will be had!
Aetherfox
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby duskguy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:33 pm

guess ill switch that preorder from Xbox to PC, didnt realize so many were actually getting it
duskguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby rhonnin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:15 pm

The L4D games are a lot better on PC, I have them for both.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby betasoldier » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:21 pm

I will pick it up when it comes out for PC.
betasoldier
Major General
Major General

Postby duskguy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:38 pm

betasoldier wrote:I will pick it up when it comes out for PC.

febuary 12
duskguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby lavishnu » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:27 pm

I can't wait till it comes out. Really l4d series can't be beat though. This looks like a game to play in the dark with head sets cranked....and jump at the sound of boop...boop...boop...there ten meters out!!!!! If we have eight people playing maybe there is a verses mode.
lavishnu
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby duskguy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:47 pm

lavishnu wrote:I can't wait till it comes out. Really l4d series can't be beat though. This looks like a game to play in the dark with head sets cranked....and jump at the sound of boop...boop...boop...there ten meters out!!!!! If we have eight people playing maybe there is a verses mode.

there is supposed to be a few types of verses modes. the website, the newest video if you scroll down is a survival mode where 4 marines battle player controlled aliens. there is supposed to be a campaign type mode as well, not sure if it will be like L4D where there is a online coop mode and a online coop verses mode with playable aliens vs the marines
duskguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Other Games