Aliens: Colonial Marines

Chat about other games.

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines

Postby rhonnin » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:55 pm

Discovered you get both items if you order from GS.http://www.theenforcers.org/9-mpanel/25-aliens-colonial-marines
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby duskguy » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:46 pm

purchased through the gamestop impulse application rather than steam or in store. says i will get the gamestop downloads as well as the steam sharp stick. emailed their support to find out how im supposed to run this game through steam when it downloaded through impulse, and when or how will i get these promotional items. they said "Thank you for contacting GameStop PC Downloads!

It will most likely be an additional code you redeem through steam that's released to your PC downloads account upon the games release."

talk about fucking vague. the additional code will activate the items, allow me to download through steam for free, both? worst fucking support reply i've ever seen.

what i was going to say however was, are any of you getting that season pass thing? i assume from the description it means that by buying now you get all the downloads and will cost 33% of the price compared to those buying each item on release. on steam it is $26 and will last until the 11th, day before the game release.

edit: sent a reply asking about the pre order items and game redemption. really would like to know whether or not im looking for 3 codes or one, and whether or not they give me what i am being told i will get.
live like you want, who cares
"The enemy of my enemy is simply my enemy's enemy, nothing more" -The Belisarius Saga-
duskguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby rhonnin » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:56 pm

Even when you purchase through steam you get an extra code, you just don't have to actually do anything with it because the items unlock automatically. So you should be looking for at least 2 codes.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Aetherfox » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:20 pm

ACM is now ready for preload.....WEEEeeeeeeeeeee.....is it Tues yet! And yes I purchased the season pass as well :)
Aetherfox
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby duskguy » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:39 pm

So, I like the game. How about the rest of you?

Like that finding the hidden items in campaign isn't simply "look, here you go, extra item!" But are actually rather hard to find with everything going on and the fact they aren't all overtly obvious.

Cant wait to try the survival and deathmatch modes as well as whatever other modes there are.
live like you want, who cares
"The enemy of my enemy is simply my enemy's enemy, nothing more" -The Belisarius Saga-
duskguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby rhonnin » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:46 pm

I love the multiplayer co-op stuff. That has been a blast. The game as a whole needs serious work.
There are a lot of game play details that I like, who doesn't love achievements and the goals. Some feel half implemented though, like weapon upgrading.
The voice over actors seemed to be pretty good but the story is so horribly written that it makes it sound goofy. The atmosphere sounds are really lacking too.
The AI is stunningly bad, I don't think it's as noticeable playing on the ultimate badass setting though.
I don't find the graphics to be as bad as people are saying, they could be better but I wouldn't call them bad. Animations on the other hand can be horrible, the loader looks crazy when moving, not at all menacing like in the movies, the aliens sometimes look like Roger, from American Dad, when they walk and walking around slowly with your thumb in your ear all the time is wicked stupid.
The Aliens in the VS. matches can't climb walls and just look like lizards running around and it's incredibly imbalanced so the Marines can dominate every match.

I'm pretty happy with it because it's been fun playing as a group and I figure they will be patching it and adding content but I wouldn't recommend it to someone I liked for purchase, it's basically a 20.00 game they are asking 50.00 for.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:24 pm

Big patch was just released that I'm curious to check out if anyone feels like a bug hunt.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Previous

Return to Other Games