Star Citizen

Chat about other games.

Star Citizen

Postby duskguy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:29 pm

Not sure if any of you played wing commander or Freelancer, but a new game by the guy who made those is being started. i read somewhere saying they will spend another 24 months on the game, but it already looks like it will be amazing.

think eve online player driven economies and universe meets guild wars 2 free to play gaming (one time fee).

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/

i will be looking forward to this, not sure if anyone else will be
live like you want, who cares
"The enemy of my enemy is simply my enemy's enemy, nothing more" -The Belisarius Saga-
duskguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Star Citizen

Postby duskguy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:47 pm

joined up with BWC for this game. at the mention of playing planetside 2 and playing with them, the answer for that was basically no unless i join their outfit. they gave me the option of asking you guys along, but while they have fun, they dont do it the same way. they do it through structured combat. so i told them i'd run it by you guys, but basically there would be no drunken Fridays, so i told them its unlikely we will join them in planetside.

however for a space sim with a big open and constantly expanding world, i want a military structured outfit that knows what its doing, and so i applied and was accepted. so basically i can play star citizen with them as part of them, but due to operation security, planetside is a no go (apparently they had a really bad experience with spies in EVE online, hence the opsec).
"The enemy of my enemy is simply my enemy's enemy, nothing more" -The Belisarius Saga-
duskguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby rhonnin » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:25 pm

I may give it a try, I loved Privateer.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby duskguy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:38 pm

rhonnin wrote:I may give it a try, I loved Privateer.

yeah i played freelancer. loved the game. that they are making a bigger, better MMO version combined with wing commander appeals to me immensely.
duskguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Aetherfox » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:36 am

I'm open to entertain the idea.
Aetherfox
Private First Class
Private First Class

Return to Other Games