Defiance

Chat about other games.

Re: Defiance

Postby duskguy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:43 pm

i got one from a video, so hopefully ill see you in there. ill name myself duskguy, or dusk depending on which is available.
live like you want, who cares
"The enemy of my enemy is simply my enemy's enemy, nothing more" -The Belisarius Saga-
duskguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby rhonnin » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:31 am

I got a second beta invite but for the Xbox version. :D
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby duskguy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:04 pm

REALLY liked this. it was like borderlands except bigger. i finished all the main missions that were available to me in the BETA in about 20 hours worth of play, but i didnt do all the side missions.

PVPed a bit in shadow war and the instanced battles. have to say i like the shadow war a bit more, but perhaps thats because i was more familiar with the map and i liked the fact NPCs were a part of the match (hostiles attack you, friendlies can distract you).

will probably get the deluxe version off steam
"The enemy of my enemy is simply my enemy's enemy, nothing more" -The Belisarius Saga-
duskguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby rhonnin » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:24 pm

I loved it too. Had a great Tabula Rasa feel.
I love how they came up with a similar mechanic to the Rifts in Rift with the Ark Falls and that they didn't just fall back on standard character progression mechanics.
I was concerned that the game was too easy until I got into a couple groups and saw that difficulty seemed to ramp up some with more people.
Fortunately I can still play because the xbox beta is still going on.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby duskguy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:29 pm

went with a standard edition on steam. figure the money i save could go towards bits. i was able to level up rather quickly without any boosts, and the weapons werent too bad (even though they all had level 1 stats). found a shield that fit my cloak style too. a 3 second recharge at 40% a second with a total of 1100 shields.

figured id save the $40 from deluxe to buy inventory space or cosmetics or an ego booster as i feel it is needed. shield and rocket launcher arent needed, the extra clothing... i was fine with the ark hunter nolan outfit. +5 inventory... i could purchase that in game with bits, but i didnt generally have a big problem with inventory until around 100 ego where it was still stuck at 20, but even then, i was just breaking down the white items since it didnt pay to sell them at 100 scrip.

come april second i'll probably be on around 4pm till 9:30ish.

edit: if you can, write down some of the bit costs for outfits and stuff, i couldnt figure out how to view that stuff in beta.
duskguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby rhonnin » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:11 pm

I hated the Ark hunter outfit you got as reward but really the default looks were pretty good. For the scrapyard machinist outfit it was around 2k give or take. I don't remember exactly but do remember thinking it was reasonable and cheaper than I expected. Helmets varied a bit but were like 3 or 4 hundred. I never saw a weapon for sale that was better than what I got as drops after ego 100 but the tier 4 lock boxes were crazy for what they cost.
There were minor differences between xbox and PC versions, mostly cosmetic, but not having console and pc players together is a mistake IMO.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby duskguy » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:45 pm

hmm, a few thousand? sounds like a lot. someone mentioned something like $10 being like 1k bits..... if thats true, i wont be buying any outfits, and sticking with in game items.

curious what inventory slots cost. and whether they were sold per slot, in groups of 5 or what not.

also, if you have the CD key from steam, you can enter it on TRION's website and download the patcher now, or wait on Steam's patcher.
duskguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby rhonnin » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:05 pm

I would take it with a grain of salt, there's no telling what final prices could be and I'm not known for my memory. :)
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby duskguy » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:38 pm

game released early.... hopefully its not an april fools where they reset tomorrow :P
duskguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby rhonnin » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:17 pm

The Trion patcher still says the second and I have no option to play or patch through steam.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Previous

Return to Other Games